سيدر بوست Cedarpost
More than 60,000 people have been affected by evacuation orders and warnings in New South Wales with the Bureau of Meteorology predicting tough conditions for the next 24 to 48 hours.
New South Wales is experiencing severe weather conditions and evacuation orders have been issued to the following areas over the past 24 hours:
- Sussex Inlet
- St Georges Basin
- Picnic Point
- Pleasure Point
- Sandy Point
- Warwick Farm
- Georges Hall
- East Hills
Manly Dam has started spilling and evacuation will be ordered in the area surrounding it. Please refer to the State Emergency Service website for updates.
The Freshwater Surf Life Saving Club is open for people whose homes have been inundated.
The State Emergency Service (SES) has directed people to evacuate because if the rain persists those areas will be isolated. Those who don’t leave may be trapped without power, water and other essential services and it may be too dangerous to organise a rescue.
The recommendation is then to stay outside of the flood areas, with family, friends or at accommodation. If that’s not possible evacuation centres have been made available.
If you need to leave your home, this is the advice provided by the State Emergency Service:
- Take pets, essential items, warm clothes, medicines, insurance documents and valuables with you.
- Relocate other personal possessions to a safer/higher place.
- Leave as early as possible to avoid congested roads.
- Take drinking water and food due to possible long travel times.
- Share this information with family, friends and neighbours and help others where possible.
رابط مختصر: http://evacuation